Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, September 25, 2006

New Revert. Welcome Home!


The following is an excerpt from an e-mail I just received from a friend who reverted to his childhood faith after spending the past 12 years in active ministry in an evangelical church. He obtained a PhD in theology and was headed overseas for the mission field when God turned his rudder to cross the Tiber River to Rome instead. His decision was made over a long period of time counting the cost of discipleship, loss of income, lost opportunities for ministry etc. I know God will restore to him a hundred-fold for his choice to seek Him above all else.

"Well I've gone to Confession and am now, once again, a fully communicant member of the Catholic Church. Our son has been going to CCD in order to receive his First Holy Communion at the end of the school year, and my wife will be starting RCIA in August. We are all fully convinced about our decision to be Catholic, and I personally have not have had as much peace: intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally in a very long time. I would count the greatest blessing, even over and above my job, as God's giving us the gift of Divine Faith in the Holy Catholic Church. For this, we are eternally grateful. "

Thanks be to God for bringing another family home!

2 Comments:

Blogger Adoro said...

Praise God!

Does your friend know about Marcus Grodi's Coming Home Network? Their special ministry is to assist ministers with their special conversion needs because they are leaving so much behind. If he hasn't already, suggest that he get in touch with Marcus Grodi (show is on right now on EWTN)

September 25, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Amen!
I am going to tell him about CHN, and in few years I suspect he may be on it. His story is compelling.

September 26, 2006 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis