Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Mass: More Than Meets the Eye




"At that hour of the Sacrifice, at the words of the Priest, the heavens are opened, and in that mystery of Jesus Christ, the choirs of Angels are present, and things below are joined to things on high, earthly things to heavenly, and the service is both a visible and an invisible event."

St. Gregory the Great, Pope of Rome († 604)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Hey TJ... We're on the "same page" again. I just posted this a.m. regarding "physical things" of earth and the "higher things" of Heaven. What a lovely and tender God we have and serve, when we bring our puny and meager selves and our sacrifice to the BEAUTIFUL altar. The altar that is either simple, or gloriously carved of marble or wood. More than meets the eye indeed! And what meets our eyes is indeed important. I've been in and belonged to fellowships that didn't see the necessity of "things" and saw them more as "distractions" to worship. I say, "far from it!" My spirit has never soared higher than it has when I now walk into a Catholic Church and sit among the masters works, or the common laborer's craftsmanship. The GLORY of GOD is to be seen and heard and tasted and touched! Great post! Thanks!

November 09, 2006 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis