Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Not Too Excited About Crossing The Tiber


This Catholic Journey

"I am a 32-year-old, single mother of three on a journey into the Catholic Church. This blog is collection of thoughts and things I learn along the way. This is my journey and I want to share it with you. All comments are welcome!" View my complete profile


This is the header for Amber's blog who is an evangelical Christian now starting to make the swim across the Tiber. When I read her blog, her understanding of Catholicism blew me away! She is literally counting the days until she can receive Him in the Eucharist. (Notice the Ticker in her blog) She doesn't strike me as someone who will be slavishly dragging herself to the Sacraments! She is literally counting off the days until the Easter Vigil when she enters into full communion with the Catholic Church.Since ancient times, Easter Vigil Mass is when the Church takes in the converts after a 9 month period of the Rite of Christian Initiation. In the early days of the Church, it was a process that took over three years! You had to be pretty sure you wanted to be a Christian in those days. Not to mention that many of the early Christians were accepting the death sentence by conversion. I suspect after reading her blog, Amber would wait ten years in order to come home to the Church. Keep her in prayer as she makes this ancient journey across the Tiber.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

*speechless*

Wow... thank you for this. It is very encouraging and I appreciate your kind words!

I definitely will NOT be "slavishly dragging" myself to the sacraments. What wonderful gifts from God they are!

God Bless you!

January 04, 2007 10:20 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

You are welcome. Sacraments are God's way of visibly, perceptibly, physically, touching our souls with His grace, won on the Cross . Once I came to accept that He chooses to operate through His church, it makes so much sense now! And the more one participates in the sacraments, the more grace abounds!! God bless, hangeth in there!

January 04, 2007 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis