Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thank Your Mom!


If you were born after 1973, you may want to remember thank your Mom for choosing to let you live. There is an entire generation of souls we won't meet until the other side who didn't get the opportunity to live beyond the womb. Will they be inquisitive like the angels who long to understand the salvific work of Christ? This is mere speculation, but I suspect they spend a good part of their eternity in prayer interceding for their mothers who didn't give them the opportunity to live. We too should pray for the moms and dads as well here and now, and support the Rachel Vineyard/Abortion Recovery ministries that are out there for them.

"Being unwanted is the worst disease that a human being can ever experience." Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. This is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion."
{Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta}

3 Comments:

Blogger Motherhen said...

My son is 8 years old and in Catholic school. A few weeks ago, he came up to me and hugged me, then he thanked me for not aborting him. I was totally taken aback. At first I was peeved as to "how dare that religion teacher tell them things like that", but then it opened up a whole new way of conversation about abortion, pre-martial sex, etc. It was a blessing in it's own weird way.

January 27, 2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Children in this generation really need to understand that a third of their classroom is missing because of abortion. Social security is going to fail because there are not enough souls to put money into as it was before. That's the dirty little secret no one will acknowledge. Abortion not only kills humans but longterm will lead to the collapse morally, socially, spiritually and financially of this once great nation.

January 28, 2007 12:20 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Today, if you consider all the reasons and circumstances in which mothers choose to abort their child - we are all very lucky to be alive!

I'd like to share with you a video I put together of this year's Walk for Life in San Francisco. It has a very powerful message from Fr. Frank Pavone in the intro, and is altogether pretty powerful (or so I hope :) ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWXdInAcUMM

In Christ,
Andrew

January 30, 2007 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis