Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Thanks for Your Support!


Last night, our Respect Life Ministry had a benefit concert at our parish. The attendees were very generous and the free will offering totaled 1500 dollars. All the money goes to Mary's Shelter, an interdenominational women's shelter to provide support to pregnant woman so they don't choose abortion.

Theo my frequent blog commenter provided harmony vocals and percussion and I introduced some songs that will be on the new album. I played my new National Polychrome Tricone for the Recycled Tin Man Blues. The seller from E-Bay kindly put a rush on the shipping so I could have it in time for the concert!

Anyone who contributed 15 dollars or more received a free CD, Scarecrow's Lament. Three other bloggers were in the audience including Japhy (who lives one state away!), Elois Voice and Omniscient The First.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support of this most worthy cause.

Thank you Jesus for the generosity of your Church. Bless the Moms who choose life!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd write a review, but I wasn't paying attention.

Seriously, it's always a pleasure to fellowship with you, T.J., whether over a hot cup of coffee or under the hot lights of a coffee house.


See you in two weeks.

By grace, your brother in Christ,
--Theo

October 06, 2007 12:04 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Miss you guys. Just sayin'.

October 06, 2007 6:31 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Pinyan said...

It was nice to see such a large crowd. I'm glad to have one of your CDs, and will probably get your new one soon.

"Be Thou My Vision" caught me by surprise -- I didn't know that song, but I knew the tune, which is used for "Lord of All Hopefulness" as well.

October 07, 2007 5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ: It was a wonderful concert. The first song on the dulcimer brought me back to the hilltops of Ireland and it only got better. I listened to your CD on the way home and wished the concert has gone on longer. You didn't give us time to light the matches....or yell encore. Can't wait til the next one,,,hope you will keep us posted.

October 07, 2007 6:33 PM  
Blogger owenswain said...

Oh to have been there...even if just to see such an artsy guitar in action!

O | onionboy.ca (art & faith) | luminousmiseries.ca {faith & art}

October 09, 2007 4:22 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholics said...

3:45 a.m. and I just watched Recycled Tin Man Blues. COOL STUFF TJ! I think I'll go make a pot of coffee and watch it again. Love the sound...It's hard to be sad when you hear something like that or banjo music...

October 14, 2007 4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis