Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Hammer Dulcimers and a Catholic Convert


A young man recently found one of my hammer dulcimer tunes on U Tube and decided to write me to tell me he learned it and posted his version on U Tube.
He saw the www.crossedthetiber.com on my signature in my e mail and wrote back to tell me "BTW, I am becoming Catholic soon."
Every story of conversion is interesting to me and this one illustrates our idea that "everyone has a Catholic Church-shaped hole in their heart waiting to be filled." Also, it's interesting to me that a young previously un-churched individual is drawn in by the Latin Mass. You are in our prayers, Ian. (And, that's pretty good hammer dulcimer playing too for a person whose only played for 6 weeks!)

"My parents decided to wait until I was old enough to decide what religion I wanted to join so they never had me baptised. When I was alot younger my grandma asked me if I wanted to go to sunday school so I decided to try it out. I only went 2 times and something scared me away from it (I believe there was a kid that had some mental issues in the class that did alot of screaming and throwing things and thats what scared me away) so a few years past and I decided that I needed some form of religion in my life. I became very interested in the jewish religion but I wanted to try other religions too so I went to my current church with my grandparents back in may and I loved it. Since then I have been taking RCIA classes to learn more about the catholic religion and I will be baptised and confirmed on easter saturday (if thats what you call it) Now the church I go to is the only church in this area (Columbus Ohio) that has the Latin mass and I love the latin mass. Right now some members from my church are helping me learn the latin responces so I can become a server for the latin mass right after I am baptised. The link to my church (which was built in 1877) is http://www.holyfamilycolumbus.org/ "

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Welcome Home, Ian. You'll be in our prayers.

December 28, 2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger Richard Froggatt said...

I can't wait to get home to listen to this; I love the Hammer Dulcimer, I don't know much about it except what I've heard from Rich Mullins.

December 28, 2007 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis