Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Funeral of Padre Pio

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

I absolutely have fallen in love with Padre Pio! I have watched his movie, the 3 hour one about 5 times and reading books about him, right now, The True Story. He is amazing. I have to tell you, the early morning of Feb 1, 2008 I had a dream about him. I've never dreamed about a Saint before! He tended my foot which was hurt or broken or sprained, talkikng to me in Italian and in the distance was San Givoanni Rotundo (which I'd never seen) and there was a bell tower with a clock below it. He blessed me and then he rose, turned and went back around the corner of the building I was lying next to, as he had come around the corner to tend to me. It was so VIVID and real! He was white, translucent almost, sparkling and white head/beard. He smiled a sweet smile, knelt at my foot to pray and mend it, and all the while speaking softly in Italian. There are so many people who say he comes to them in dreams. I believe he did that for me, too! I have a little wooden statue of him on my dash of my RAV4. It's my "Pio mobile" and he has is looking right at me, with his right arm raised in blessing. "Pray, hope and don't worry" he tells us still today.

September 24, 2008 6:05 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Wow!
I have a feather from his pillow.(3rd class relic)
I should put it under mine at night!
God bless

September 25, 2008 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis