Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


I started my day thinking of the many things we have to be thankful for and opened my e-mail to receive a Thanksgiving message from Fr. Andrew in Port-Au-Prince. Despite the past 6 months of horrendous hurricanes and worsening food shortages that have afflicted the Haitians, this is his message:

WISHING YOU ALL HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY

THANKING YOU…

I TRULY BELIEVE WE ALL HAVE SO MANY REASONS TO BE THANKFUL WITH… HERE IN HAITI, IN SPITE OF HARD OF REALITIES, GOD HAS BEEN GRACIOUS TO US…WE LIVE IN HOPE AND FAITH BECAUSE WE KEEP ON BELIEVING YOU ARE ONE WITH US..

YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED IN THE HOLY EUCHARIST I WILL CELEBRATE TODAY AT 4PM AND AT THE ADORATION TO THE BLESSED SACRAMENT AFTERWARDS..

THANK YOU AS EVER AND MAY THE LOVING LORD BLESS YOU FOREVER…

FR. ANDREW

(HAITI)


Father Andrew:
We will keep you and the people of Haiti in our prayers today as well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a very happy Thanksgiving to you and PD as well.

November 27, 2008 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. And the Holy Eucharist and being able to receive our Lord almost every day--is something to be truly thankful for.

Prayers for the people in Haiti.

November 28, 2008 12:06 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks so much Nancy and Tara.
God bless you guys today

November 28, 2008 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis