Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Our Fifth Anniversary in the Church


Today marks the fifth year since my wife and I returned to the faith of our youth, the Catholic Church. Glory to God!
The time has gone by so quickly it is hard to believe. We are so grateful to God for leading us back home and pouring out so much grace on us.

Lord, we have been unworthy to receive you, but you have said the word and our souls have been healed!

We recorded a special podcast you can down load here discussing the highlights of our past 5 years. Thanks for all the prayers and support and encouragement along the way. God bless.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Pope Benedict XVI said...

Today on this most special anniversary, I impart my papal blessing upon you and Prodigal Daughter.
God grant you His richest blessings in Christ. (And keep up the good works, because God knows-you're not saved by faith alone !)

Your Holy Papa

April 30, 2009 7:42 AM  
Blogger Doogie said...

My own 11-year anniversary was eight days ago. What an amazing gift God has given us, eh?

April 30, 2009 8:00 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Hey Doogie, another northern neighbor!
God bless you too on your anniversary!

Yes, an amazing gift! Who would have ever thought?

April 30, 2009 8:27 AM  
Blogger owenswain said...

Conrgats and God's peace be upon you.

April 30, 2009 9:12 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Happy birthday! I'm almost a "two year old" Catholic, myself.

How beautiful :-)

May 01, 2009 11:39 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Congrats!

May 02, 2009 11:54 AM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

We celebrated our 4th in Dec. I feel like the Dylan line, "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." Being Catholic, and nearest the Source of Life, we really do become 'younger' for like children we must become, and like children, we 'seek' 'ask' knock' without abandon. At least, I'm doing that more and more. : ) God bless, TJ. I'm so THANKFUL for blogs, and having gotten to know you and PD!

May 05, 2009 7:34 AM  
Blogger George Weis said...

Congrats you guys! I have been meaning to finish the podcast, but life has been insane over here. So, thank you for your thoughts and reflections. You two are great friends... even in the sense that we have never met... although on our way to vacation we accidentally took the northeast pass and wound up at your doorstep. I thought, "Man, if only I had Russ number!"

Thank you both for your friendship and kindness.

Blessings to you both, and may it be a very memorable year for you.

In Christ,
-g-

May 06, 2009 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis