Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, October 05, 2009

Physician Assisted Suicide Debate





On Wednesday morning at 9: 45 AM, I and another pro-life physician will be participating in a debate with PA senator Daylin Leach who co-sponsored the Death With Dignity Act and a Allentown journalist who is a supporter of Jack Kevorkian as well as assisted suicide.
The show, Business Matters will later be broadcast on WFMZ TV . We ask for your prayers for wisdom and grace to address our opponents with a spirit of charity. Based on the columns by this journalist who has written about me and my opposition to Physician Assisted Suicide , I don't suspect this will be a gentlemanly chat. But we shall see.

Keep us in prayer my friends, thanks.

5 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

You are a brave man. May St. Dominic, faithful defender of truth in the face of heresy and promoter of the Rosary, prayer of Mary, Queen of the Rosary interceded for you as you undertake this debate.

October 05, 2009 9:12 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Pinyan said...

"We ask for your prayers for wisdom and grace to address our opponents with a spirit of charity. ... I don't suspect this will be a gentlemanly chat."

Into the lions' den! I will pray for you and this ministry of yours. May you receive the grace of God necessary to stay at peace in the valley of the shadow of death.

October 05, 2009 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for God to tell you exactly what to say!

October 05, 2009 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

St. Michael the Archangel, defend him in battle.

Will pray for you, my friend.

October 06, 2009 9:40 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thank you guys so much!
God bless you

October 07, 2009 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis