Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Please Pray for Haiti


An earthquake of 7.0 magnitude struck Haiti today at 4:30 PM
The epicenter of the quake was about 10 miles southwest of Port-Au-Prince.
The capital itself is devastated and thousands are expected to have perished.
Our medical mission to Haiti is in the capital and we have no idea how Fr. Andrew and the parish of St. Simon and Jude have fared. Please keep our brothers and sisters of Haiti in your prayers. If you have any extra cash please consider a sacrificial donation to Catholic Relief Services or the Red Cross to anyone of the aid organizations that will be heading there.
Lamb of God , have mercy on them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Praying here. Thought about your mission immediately when I heard about the quake.

January 13, 2010 6:57 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Pinyan said...

Me too; I heard of this and I thought of your work in Haiti, Russ. They need your ministry and all our prayers now more than ever.

January 13, 2010 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Potamiaena said...

Thanks for the link to Catholic Relief where we can donate.

Our daughter just left for Spain yesterday, for a study abroad semester. How is your "foreign" son doing? Can you post an update?

January 13, 2010 9:06 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Potamiaena:
e mail here at dobrodoc1(at)gmail.com

thanks so much.

January 13, 2010 9:22 AM  
Blogger NanaR said...

Russ, I thought of you immediately as I watched the news this morning. The situation seems extremely dire.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for the children of Haiti.

Amen

January 13, 2010 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis