Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy St. Augustine Day!

St Augustine is one of my favorite saints and I have asked him repeatedly over the past 6 years for his intercession. He found the Lord later in his life, but he sure did make up for lost time! A Priest, A Bishop, Doctor of the Church and master-slayer of heresies. He single-handedly defeated montanism, manicheanism, pelagianism and other heresies of his time.
I relate to him in an analogous way. Late have I found the Catholic Church, a beauty so ancient, yet ever new.
Here's a live video I made for today's feast of St. Augustine.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous song. Just found it on iTunes as well. Love this music. And am greatly encouraged by your posts.

Thanks. From those of us still on this long journey.

August 28, 2010 11:19 PM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

"British Cardinal Hume...said that the life of St. Augustine proves that all saints have pasts and all sinners futures."

http://www.staustinreview.com/ink_desk/archives/the_feast_of_st_augustine/

August 29, 2010 2:14 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Mel:
thanks for your kind words. BTW, if you download the song or CD, all proceeds got to our Haiti Medical Mission (no pressure :)
Yes it can be a very long journey.

Please E mail or write anytime if you need anything.

You may want to check out Called to Conversion blog by a group of mostly reformed Christians who have made the journey or are in process.

God bless

August 29, 2010 2:50 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

kkol- i love that statement!

August 29, 2010 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis