Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Feast of Sts. Ann and Joachim

                                                                Shrine of St. Ann DeBeaupre

Today the Universal Church celebrates the mother and father of Mary, Saint Ann and her husband St. Joachim. With devout hearts they raised the Blessed Mother to love God above all things. I have a special devotion to St. Ann as I believe my parents prayers to her were answered in my returning to the Catholic faith.  See this post about St. Ann and our recent pilgrimage to her shrine in Quebec that has been welcoming
pilgrims for over 300 years!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy said...

My name is a derivative of Ann, so I regard it as my patronal feast day. Needless to say I was doing some feasting!

July 27, 2011 8:36 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Happy Belated Feast day nANNcy~
God bless AND thanks for still stopping by CTT!~
Good St. Ann, Pray for us.

July 27, 2011 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis