Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Catholic Church's Exhibit on the Bible

A new exhibit will be opened in the Vatican to highlight the history of the Bible. Pope Benedict has wanted to show the world the importance of the bible. It is entitled, Verbum Domini, the Word of God. Interestingly, it will show how the Catholic Church contributed to the 1611 Protestant King James Bible, which incidentally did contain the 7 books Luther relegated to the apocrypha in his version.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Rentler, do you check your Facebook page at all? I sent you a message. Let me know if email is better! Dane

March 01, 2012 8:23 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Dane I didn't find your message, yes e mail is better, thanks

March 01, 2012 7:27 PM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

Verbum Domini = Word of Lord
Verbum Dei = Word of God

But you knew that. I wonder though why B16 used Domini instead of Dei. I think of the Bible as being the Word of God, not the Word of the Lord, which to me focuses on Jesus.

March 02, 2012 1:56 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Hmm, kkol, I actually missed that! Maybe because after the readings in Mass they always say: The Word of the Lord, and we respond, "thanks be to God"

March 02, 2012 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis