Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Illuminating Blog Award




Got this nomination from The Czar's blog. Thanks Patrick!

7 things about me:

1) Went to med school by putting a "fleece before the Lord." A friend said, if you are suppose to go to med school you will get in when you apply. I never thought I would get in, and really had no desire to be a doctor, but my friend who I trusted said this was the way to know God's will. Crap, I got in within a month of applying and interviewing. It's taken me almost 25 years to get to this point where I can say now, "yeah I think it was the Lord's will."
2) I own one of Eric Clapton's used guitar strings.
3) I play almost every instrument with strings but can't read music to save my life. If a guy put a gun to my head and sheet music in front of me and said "play or I pull the trigger", I would be laying on the ground in a pool of blood.
4) I can balance pretty much any long object on my nose or chin
5) The only two girls I ever kissed in my whole life I married. The first one is in heaven now.
6) I have broken my arms four times and once it was both at the same time (1972)
7) Martin Guitar Company once used one of my songs on their call waiting system. Nazareth Pike

Now I nominate Norm .
Go to Patrick's blog to figure out how to do this thing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Wow! I couldn't get Toys-R-Us to respond to my application.

2) Cool!

3) That's because you're a musical genius.

4) Probably a skill you developed when both of your arms were broken.

5) Cool, and I'm sorry.

6) Stop messing around with the Mob.

7) See #3

-Pat V

July 14, 2012 3:17 PM  
Blogger Brian Sullivan said...

Russ, congrats on your whatever. Nominated by Patrick Vanderpool!

July 17, 2012 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis