Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Local Catholic Piety


On a Sunday afternoon bike ride today, we came across these two statues strategically placed in some people's homes. I was heartened to see Catholics who are not reluctant to show their faith . Oh yeah, just a reminder, we don't worship statues! (for the 900th time on this blog) They are inanimate objects but indeed point us to those they represent. We honor the Lord and his Mom by placing statues in our home and they are neat ways to remind us of our faith. The Holy Scriptures and the Catholic faith together teach us to worship no one but God alone.  It is supreme irony to accuse Catholics of idolatry. In more than 8 years of being Catholic, I have yet to find an individual who told me he or she worships the image they were praying in front of.  Learn more about Catholics and idolatry here.


2 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

"bike ride" - now you're talking

and, I love these photos and what they mean.

I don't believe I have even seen one placed in a window as these are. Great idea.

P.S. Thanks for the blog(s) plug. Interestingly author Heather King used the same image and also plugged both blogs this weekend.

September 16, 2012 5:20 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Heather King! Wow, that's very awesome!

September 16, 2012 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis