Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

See This Movie! Restless Heart

Restless Heart Film
Tonight we saw Restless Heart, the life of Saint Augustine. It was a great movie and well worth going out of your way to see. It was not preachy or overtly evangelistic like the poorly produced 70's vintage Christian movies but definitely told a great story in a believable and compelling way. I loved the scenes when Augustine's father Patricius was converted on his deathbed. The bishop asked him if he believed in God, then baptized him in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. I was a little ticked that he didn't say the sinner's prayer but figured it was just Hollywood artistic license gone awry. (Just kidding, they didn't have the sinner's prayer back then. People were converted the old bible way back then, by baptism for the forgiveness of sins)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mettermrck said...

You caught me for a second on the sinner's prayer. I was thinking, "am I reading the right blog?" Thanks for the review, I've been looking forward to this movie.

October 25, 2012 6:39 AM  
Blogger owenswain said...

First altogether review I've read on the movie. I confess, I saw the trailer and groaned - not because it was too preachy, not at all but because it seemed like they went for all the robert ludlum / john grisham moments of the great saint's life. However, bully for the produces for getting a film on a saint out there. If it lands in Canada in a theatre (highly unlikely) we will go see it.

October 25, 2012 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Renee Lin said...

In one of my daughter's classes at her large Evangelical university, it came up that she was Catholic. The class had a very good, respectful discussion of her Catholic beliefs. Someone posed the question, "What is your favorite Christian book?" Without missing a beat, she answered, "The Confessions of St. Augustine."

I hope she gets to see this film! :)

October 25, 2012 8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

m sure they were hoping she would say the Enchidiron of Indulgences! LOL
Yes, I hope she can see it. Any Christian of good will from any denomination would enjoy it. It was a beautiful story of conversion.

October 25, 2012 10:06 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Owen,
It will prob be ondvd in no time but perhaps if enuff folks reuest it in your area you can get it.

October 26, 2012 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis