Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Catholicism and Caffeine


I just discovered some on-fire Catholics combining their love for the Lord and caffeine in a wonderful new company called His Coffee As some may know, who have been following this blog for awhile, the topic of coffee comes up fairly regularly (Check out these posts) and I have tried, unsuccessfully so far, to roast and sell Haitian coffee to support our Haiti Medical Mission. Admittedly, some things got in the way in the process (like an incredibly demanding day job)  But I'm not complaining Lord, thankful for the work, but I digress.
   The folks at His Coffee take a portion of the proceeds and use it to support relief work for the poor, pro- life work and other charitable endeavors. Their other mission is to encourage folks to take 15-20 minutes a day, the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee and spend that time with the Lord! Is that a cool concept?


"Life has a habit of just running away (or over us!) before we know it. Minutes turn into hours, hours become days and as quick as a blink, months have passed, while that regular prayer time we promised ourselves has become all too rare. We know it would be a very good thing,to carve out a little time, especially in the morning, to read some scripture or a meditation about our spiritual journey.

But it seems like all we have time for is the usual morning rush. Out the door and out of time, we grab our very necessary cup of coffee … and then … and then … wait a minute!

That’s it! If I prayed, read scripture and meditated while I enjoyed my morning cup of coffee, I would rarely ever miss a day of praying, because, quite honestly, I almost never start a day without coffee. It takes about 10 minutes to drink a cup of coffee (20 minutes on a good day!), and what I usually read or look at is pretty useless anyway.

Prayer:  GRANT me grace, O merciful God, to desire ardently all that is pleasing to Thee, to examine it prudently, to acknowledge it truthfully, and to accomplish it perfectly, for the praise and glory of Thy name. Amen.   (from His Coffee Website)



So check them out on the link above, and while you are at it thank the Lord for the papacy because without it, we would be drinking tea, Bleh!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Renée Lin said...

"Their other mission is to encourage folks to take 15-20 minutes a day, the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee...."

Whoa, it takes 15-20 minutes to drink a cup of coffee?

I've got to slow down!

November 27, 2012 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis