Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Evangelism!


Next week a fair opens up in a nearby city and it will run through Labor day. They have rides, contests, music and a number of folks rent booths to sell, trade or dispense information. This year, myself and a small group of Catholics including a priest (who is a convert after being convinced of the truths of Catholicism while studying church history at Wheaton!) will have a booth set up to dispel the myths behind Catholicism and provide apologetics literature to anyone who is interested. We will be set up at a booth right next to a local evangelical church who will be proselytizing as well. Please ask St. Ignatius of Loyola for boldness and wisdom and gentleness so we may communicate the truths of our faith in a loving way, as he did many years before us.
I think the Holy Spirit needs to soften hearts first and prepare them to hear His voice, and we are just the vehicle to help along with God's work.
Thanks for the prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis