Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Lead a Dying Life

"Realize that you must lead a dying life; the more a man dies to himself, the more he begins to live unto God."

From The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis (1380-1471)

"For five hundred years, this gentle book, filled with the spirit of the love of God, has brought understanding and comfort to millions of readers in over fifty languages, and provided them with a source of heart-felt personal prayer. These meditations on the life and teachings of Jesus, written in times even more troubled and dangerous than our own, have become second only to the Bible as a guide and inspiration." excerpted from CCEL

You can read it online from Calvin College's website "Christian Classics Ethereal Library"

It is definitely recommended reading for Christians of any denomination. I have a copy downloaded on my Palm Pilot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis