Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

FREE MP3 Download of "OLDE TYME RELIGION"



The other day I posted the lyrics to my new version of "Old Time Religion." Today was a snow day, couldn't get the car out of the driveway here in Eastern PA, so I went down to the basement studio and threw together this little tune for all my readers.

The instruments used are 000-15S Martin guitar, FlatIron F 5 mandolin, Carvin fretless bass and vox. I hope you like it.

Please give a listen and feel free to Rip It, Burn it, Share it and Learn It!
Here's the Link: TiberJumperMusik

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow that is awesome!!!

I think I listened to it 5 times in a row. I'll be praying for more snow in PA after that!

It wont let me download it yet because it said it hasnt cleared?

But wow what an awesome song. It just gave me the inspiration to do a "The Devil Went Down to Wittenberg". (I'll probably never get around to it) hehe

Great song though, very cleverly written.

February 14, 2007 11:02 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks GFF! It's hard to fine rhymes for Ignatius, but Augustine was pretty easy!
I like the wittenburg idea. I actually have a song in the works called Luther's Halloween Blues.
In the song I bring up the question as all the trick or treaters were going from door to door on the streets of wittenberg, what was Luther's costume?
Tongue in cheek, just for fun.
There will also be a verse about his physical location when the thought struck him regarding justification by faith alone.(He was in the Tower)

February 15, 2007 7:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ha! This is great!

Next, we need a Bible book song that includes the deuteros. =)

February 15, 2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

GREAT SONG! I listened to it several times at work today but was unable to comment because blogger is blocked at work...

Love it!

February 16, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Once again TJ, you've blown me away! This is sublime! BRILLIANT! Tremendous! I'm going to send it to a few evangelicals on my list, in "fun" and hope that the TRUTH you've put to song will touch hearts. A friend wrote me last night that they're now at a new "church." I'm not sure what number this makes it since she was 'born again' but since I've known her, this is "church" number 3 in 8 years. Believe me, your "Old Tyme Religion" is most certainly "good enough for me!" Thank you. You are a genius!

susie

February 17, 2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks so much for the kind comments. You guys have made the song #17 out of 10,029 songs in the Acoustic Folk category of Soundclick.com! Who would have thought that a song about the early Church would do that? I wish that my other CD's got that much play!
To the Glory of God!

February 17, 2007 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiber, I just recorded that song - Devil Went Down to Wittenberg. Ive decided not to post it on my blog. Its not quite as ecumenical as yours. But if you want a good laugh from a poor production quality song send me an email I seem to have lost yours. (That goes for anyone else who wants to hear it too)

gsiraREMOVECAPS@carolina.rr.com

February 17, 2007 8:30 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Hi Godfearingfiddler,

please send me your song... sounds like a good'n!

susie

February 18, 2007 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis