Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

"Lucky Turtles!"



It is illegal to kill baby turtles in Mexico. Kill a turtle or its eggs and go to jail.
It is now legal to kill baby humans in Mexico City. Kill a unborn human and ....
nada.

"We go to great lengths to protect (sea) turtle eggs," city lawmaker Paula Soto, a Calderon party member, told the Associated Press. "Lucky turtles! It appears they have more people willing to defend them than some unborn children."

Catholic leaders took a strong stand on the issue--Mexico City Cardinal Norberto Rivera led a demonstration through the capital against the abortion proposal last month. Cardinal Rivera is expected to make a public statement on the law’s passage on Sunday. Pope Benedict XVI sent a letter last week to Mexico’s bishops in support of the efforts to prevent the law’s passage--the Pope said Christ’s victory over death was a reason to defend everyone’s right to life “from the first moment of their conception.”

When Our Lady appeared to Juan Diego, almost 500 years ago just thirty miles north of Mexico City, the ritual human sacrifices ceased as millions of souls were converted to Christ. Far be it for me to say, but I think we could use an apparition right about now.

God have mercy.
Mary, bring the prayers of your children to your precious Savior to prevent this holocaust in a land once dedicated to you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Pinyan said...

Wow. What a messed up system of priorities.

April 26, 2007 7:05 PM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

Here in South Carolina, we protect turtles as well. In my 6th grade catechism class, I ask the kids if I were to kill a turtle egg, could I claim I had done nothing wrong, that a turtle egg is not a turtle?
Of course they say no, and then we extend that understanding to babies in the womb.

April 27, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Isn't it ironic? We have the same problem here... groups like PETA defending the lives of cockroaches.

April 27, 2007 11:19 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

If people don't believe that God is the author of all life, than relativism kicks in and fuzzy green turtles need saving and smelly inconveniently conceived babies need "graving."

April 27, 2007 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be honest, I find the comments against those who care for God's animals absurd. My greatest moral passions are Anti-Abortion and Animal Rights, because both are the weakest, most defenceless, voiceless and "the least of these". Psalm 146 says "The Lord is loving towards all he has made": so how disappointing to find fellow Christians decrying care for turtles: care for animals is a major Bible theme and we should be protecting all innocent life. And I would say the same to any animal rights person who supported abortion. "Blessed are the merciful" - not the "selectively merciful". I hope no non-Christian animal lovers read the comments, because Christians like me have to pick up the pieces of the shattered witness.

May 05, 2007 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis