Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pentecost: Birthday of the Church

"You will receive Power when the Holy Spirit falls upon you,
And you will be my witnesses to the ends of all the Earth." Act 1:8

Today the Church celebrates the solemnity of Pentecost. We remember how the Holy Spirit filled the disciples gathered in the upper room and gave them the power to spread the gospel and grow the Church. Almost 2000 years later the third person of the Trinity continues to bring hearts to Christ through this pillar and foundation he built. During the words of consecration of the Eucharist today at Mass, I again marveled that the same prayers described by St. Justin Martyr in the 2nd century continue to be prayed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Awesome, isn't it?

May 29, 2007 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis