Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

This Is The Faith Database

Check out this CD or downloadable software for your computer. It's like having the Magisterium right in front of you. Jon Martignoni as well as Steve Ray are raving about it. Maybe I will find it under my Christmas tree if Prodigal Daughter reads this blog post. (Yeah believe it or not she doesn't frequent my blog much) Only a few more hours till our Catholic Bookstore closes~!

Check out This Is the Faith Database

7 Comments:

Blogger Warren said...

Looks nice. It's 90% freely downloadable e-books anyways - so if she doesn't buy it for you you can always just use the CCEL which contains 90%+ of whatever they have in their thing, plus tonnes more that isn't in there. You can view online or download text or PDFs.

I'm a a Mac user so perhaps I'll make a searcher/indexer for the CCEL for mac...

Check it out: http://www.ccel.org/

Oh yeah, it's FREE! Some books (like G.K.C's Orthodoxy) might not be in the CCEL, but are in Project Gutenberg or other free/public-domain eBook download sites.


Warren

December 22, 2007 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not into subtlety, are you. ;)

Anyway, I hope you find something wonderful under the tree.

December 22, 2007 4:36 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks Warren
that's a good point , the CCEL site is excellent, I have used it often for sources.
God bless and Merry Christmas

December 22, 2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Hey Nancy!
Usually I tell my wife, "don't get me much for Christmas, just make sure there are strings attached(ie musical instrument) :)

This one should be much cheaper!!
God bless your Christmas and thanks !

December 22, 2007 4:59 PM  
Blogger Adoro said...

You may also want to look into "Welcome to the Catholic Church" by Harmony media. I have it for school - it has the works of JP2, the V2 documents, Theology of the Body, writings of the Saints and Church Fathers, 2 versions of the Bible, etc. And it searches for updates if you're connected to the internet when you use the disk. Awesome, awesome stuff.

December 24, 2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger Adoro said...

OH, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

December 24, 2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Merry Christmas Adoro!
Yes I have the HArmony media disc. It is excellent,especially the music for the background! I didn't know it did updates to the net
Something else to play with now.
Lord Bless you

December 24, 2007 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis