Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

His Plans Are Better Than Ours


Tonight, our advent reading before dinner focused on Mary's willingness to let go of her plans and to trust God and say yes to His plan for her. We are given the opportunity to do the same, modeling ourselves after her. This is one of Mary's greatest gifts to us.
"Let it be done to me according to your Word."

"The miracle of Christmas happened because Mary loved the reality created by God more than her plans and ideas. As we approach Christmas, we have images of how it should unfold. Let us welcome those unforeseen circumstances we tend to resist. For Christmas proclaims that our very salvation is the fruit of the most unforeseen and unforeseeable of all events - The Word became flesh and dwelt among us." (Fr. Richard Veras)

Lord, open and transform my petty heart to welcome the gift of your Son Jesus Christ, who will make his presence in my life known, not according to my plans but according to yours. May I prefer you to my very self, that I may discover my true self in you.
(from the Magnificat Advent Companion)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis