Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Another One Crosses The Tiber

My wife (Prodigal Daughter) and I had the pleasure and privilege of watching one of our best friends come into the Church at Easter Vigil. As a lifelong Baptist, M. started becoming interested in the Catholic faith as she observed our journey across the Tiber. We first became friends when we were both evangelical Christians in our old neighborhood where we met at the kid's bus stop.
About a year after we came home to the Church, Prodigal Daughter invited her to Eucharistic adoration and she took to it like a "fish to water." "Can't you feel God's presence here?" she asked Prodigal Daughter as they sat in the presence of our Lord. Over a period of 4 years she began to slowly appreciate the devotions of the Catholic Church and this September, Prodigal Daughter became her sponsor in RCIA at a nearby parish.
As the day approached, she couldn't wait to receive the Eucharist on Saturday night. We both watched with great joy as she received the gift of the Holy Spirit in the Sacrament of Confirmation followed by her reception of Holy Communion for the very first time. As my old charismatic friends use to say, "the Spirit was so thick in there you could cut it with a knife!"
Praise be to Jesus Christ for the way in which He continues to gather people into the Church! So much grace, so much grace......

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Pinyan said...

Whoo hoo! Congrats to her, and to your wife for being such a wonderful sponsor.

I too sponsored a Baptist entering the Church. It was a wonderful feeling.

April 15, 2009 7:42 AM  
Blogger PlainCatholic said...

Praise the Lord and pass the Catechism! We are blessed by these stories of conversion.

Praise the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, both now and forever.

The God who IS, who WAS and IS TO COME, at the end of the ages.
Amen

April 15, 2009 10:44 AM  
Blogger ~Joseph the Worker said...

That's wonderful news!

April 15, 2009 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

Deo gratias! I love to hear these stories.

And BTW, I just celebrated my second year this Easter. It really does get sweeter every day. Still the best decision I've ever made in my life.

April 15, 2009 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alleluia! Welcome Home!

April 16, 2009 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis