Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Praying the Mass

Jeff Pinyan has officially released his new book Praying the Mass. Go to www.prayingthemass.com
to read reviews and purchase. Here's my review of it posted earlier on CTT.

"The book is entitled "Praying the Mass-The Prayers of the People"
Just reading a few chapters quickly I can tell you it is easy to read and "unpacks" the Mass for you. The Mass is the highest form of worship we have here on earth and Jeff illuminates it for us in great detail. He annotates each section with Scripture so you can see where the particular part of the liturgy is derived. Not only does he provide a great understanding of the current translation of the Mass, but discusses the gestures and postures that accompany the Mass. His chapter on the Sign of the Cross is worth the price of the book alone. I suspect this book will become a favorite of RCIA teachers and catechists who desire to help their students develop a true Eucharistically-centered understanding of the Mass. If I had been taught from a book like this in 1973, there is a fair chance I may not have left the Church!"

Nice job Jeff! May the Lord bless your work to help others see the beauty of the Mass and fall deeper in love with Jesus through an understanding of the divine liturgy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis