Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Convert's Story

After 5 years of being back in the Catholic Church, I still get moved by reading stories of conversion. I recently found this blog by Jim and he has been blogging about his conversion/reversion for a couple of years now.
Here's a quote from his conversion story that could have been my own:


"It has been a real joy to start off this new year as a Catholic once again. Words cannot express the joy I have had since I returned. The completeness one feels is overwhelming. I look back on my days in fundamentalism now as a fading memory of a child. I don’t know if others have felt this way who have returned to the Church. I felt like what I had before was only a ‘50%’ Christianity. I look back on it like an adult looks back on the errors and mistakes of adolescence. God has restored so many things in my life.
I feel like I’ve finally grown up and became adult.
What a joy it is to receive the Eucharist knowing it is the Body and Blood of Christ. What joy it is to WORSHIP once again the way God intended. What a joy it is to go to a priest and confess my sins and know they are forgiven. What a joy it is to pray to our Lady who loves us and prays for us daily. What a joy it is to know there is an old German fellow in Rome who watches over our souls and one whom I can call a brother in Christ. What a joy it is to be part of a Church that is 2000 years old.
If non-Catholics knew how wonderful it is to be a Catholic, they would flock to it in droves.
I pray to our Lady for more converts.
"


Can I hear an AMEN brothus and sistas?

4 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

AyMEEEyun from this Cradle Catholic.

Converts have all the fun.

October 29, 2009 8:02 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Well, I don't know about that!
A day doesn't go by when I don't regret my leaving the Church. My life would have been completely different, but I trust God wrote straight with crooked lines. Someday I will do a post about my regrets perhaps.

October 29, 2009 9:32 PM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

I'm half-joking.

I posted along these lines awhile back:

http://platytera.blogspot.com/2009/09/betrothed-at-birth.html

October 30, 2009 11:05 AM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

AMEN!! I know my life would have been much different too, and I sometimes weep over how my ignorance of the CC kept me hard-hearted for so long. I can't help but regret some choices and obstinate attitudes I had for so long re: the CC. I don't "wallow" in them, but they are there. I trust God's used this stub of a pencil, and has 'written straight' with lines that were all over the place for so many years. It's my journey, and i pray it will help at least ONE soul find his or her HOME, too.

Also, I'm in need of some help. If you, TJ, and or anyone else could help me out regarding my most recent post, I'd be ever-so grateful. Maybe there's nothing I can say, but my friend's got me scratching my head, ready for a drink and confused - not about what I believe, (thank God for the CHURCH!) but what she believes. I appreciate any answers you might toss my way. Thanks.

October 30, 2009 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis