Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Four Brave Bishops

Just four bishops across the US did not allow their diocese to take up the annual Catholic Campaign for Human Development collection this past Sunday due to the discovery that the Catholic Campaign for Human Development was donating money to organizations directly opposing Church teaching.
Our newly ordained Bishop John Barres of the Allentown Diocese was one of the brave four. It tells me he is not worried about his popularity and/or upward mobility within the USCCB . Instead he is standing up for Truth. Thank God for men like these. Keep them in your prayers.
Full story here.

2 Comments:

Blogger George Weis said...

Only four :| What?!?!

November 25, 2009 4:45 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Our parish sadly took up the 2nd collection. I sent our priest the shocking video (Vortex) about it, but apparently it did no good. Unless he didn't see it before and maybe has by now.(?) I was very saddened by it. I know at the TLM we went to last year, Fr. B. said, "There won't be a 2nd collection today, so If you were thinking of giving to the CCHD, please visit the confessional first." :)

I had some fun revamping the ol' blog while you were gone. Glad you're back! What wonderful photos! God bless.

November 27, 2009 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis