Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Young Evangelicals Converting to Catholicism.

I found this interesting article highlighting the increasing number of young evangelical Christians who are discovering the roots of their faith and converting to Catholicism. The author interviews students from King's College, a traditional evangelical college in NYC.
Once again, the discovery of Church history (before 1517) plays an important part in the conversion process.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Miller said...

A very good article indeed, though one mistake -- Patrick Madrid is not a convert.

August 01, 2010 2:53 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

yes, Jeff , I caught that too. Maybe because PAtrick edited Surprised By Truth, he just assumed he too was a convert. Thanks for stopping by!

August 01, 2010 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article and TRUE! I wrote you months ago and said I was converting, I am, this weekend in Hampton NJ....PRAISE GOD!!

Newman

August 01, 2010 7:18 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Dear Newman: Amen!! and Welcome Home!!!!
Can you give us a little synopsis of your story sometime? If you send it to me I will put it as a separate post of its own. i love to hear how people decided to become Catholic.

God bless, enjoy the cool refreshing waters of the Tiber as you cross!

August 01, 2010 7:21 PM  
Anonymous Steve Smith said...

Well I am far from young,but I converted at the Easter Vigil Mass in 2004, at the age of 48. The traditions and the teachings of the Church are what made me feel "at home". I just wish I hadn't found the true Church so late.

August 08, 2010 2:33 AM  
Blogger TM said...

Great article - It looks like I'm in excellent company, as a former Evangelical myself, although I didn't know it so much at the time I converted. It thrills me everytime I hear of so many finding their way Home.

---todd
http://catholicsjourner.blogspot.com

July 02, 2011 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis