Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

An Advent Prayer

Tonight my wife and I and my college-age son and his girlfriend lit the candles on our Advent wreath once again reading a selection from our devotional and then prayed before we ate. Fortunately, we still had time to go over to St Joseph's for the closing 1/2 hour of Eucharistic adoration. It helped us to brush off the day and re-align our priorities and thoughts. It's sad knowing that advent is drawing to a close so quickly. Did I meet all the goals I had set? Did I use the time to allow God to prepare Him room in my heart?
Yes, some goals were met others not at all. Alas,  two more days then we celebrate Christmas!
So much to ponder so little time to do it in. God bless you all in the closing moments of Advent as we get ready to celebrate His birth in our world and in our hearts once again!

Lord Jesus, during this precious season of Advent,
I ask that you help me prepare the way for your coming.
Make my crooked ways straight, fill the empty areas of my soul with your goodness.
Make the mountains of my pride and arrogance low,
Make my winding and manipulative ways straight.
Take my exceedingly rough edges and make them smooth,
Let people see You in me so that I can help to show forth your salvation
by the life I live in you.
I give you all the glory and trust in your grace and mercy to answer my prayers
In your precious name, Jesus, I pray.
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis