Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Going Down To The Capital For The March For Life

Tomorrow, St Joseph the Worker Parish, my home parish, will be taking a busload of us including our pastor to Washington DC for the Annual March for Life. Just one of the reasons  I love this march is that we get to see the Church at its best. Young high school and college students, families with small children and nuns and priests from every order marching for life. The Franciscans in their sandals without socks in 29 degrees, and 13th century friars robes, Mother Teresa's Missionary's of Charity  with their white and blue striped saris, you name them, Sisters of Life etc, they will be there.
   Many different rites of the Church will be there in their different vestments and hats. Hundreds of parishes will be carrying their banners through the streets. The news media will ignore the event as usual except to focus on a handful of pro-abortion folks who are protesting. The ratio is about 250,000 to 10 , but they will get most of the press.
   The most poignant  part of the March for me is seeing all the brave and noble women lined up on the steps of the Supreme Court holding signs "I regret my abortion." There are no words to describe this.
In the past when we have had conservative presidents, they would make a call and deliver a pep talk to the massive crowd on the Mall. This will be the second year in a row that the White house will not be addressing the crowds.
  Let us pray for the day when we won't have to make this annual march in the dead of winter to tell our president and congressmen:  a country that legalizes abortion has lost its soul.

2 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

"a country that legalizes abortion has lost its soul."

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever."

Thomas Jefferson

January 24, 2011 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Barb L. said...

Thanks for sharing this; it is so encouraging.

January 27, 2011 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis