Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, August 19, 2011

"Littorasie" and the Paradigm of "The Bible Only"

 "Have you ever pondered that it would be a rather cruel and/or elitist God to give the all the authority of His church to a book in a time where 90% of the world were illiterate? . . .and where owning a book would cost you more than a year's wages?" 
Michael McCleary on FB
I would also add to this that for the first 360 years of the Church, the contents of that book (epistles and gospels) were not even clearly established. So if the Bible was the only source of truth and the handbook for Christian praxis and theology, how did they muddle along in the dark for almost 4 centuries spreading the faith like wildfire throughout the ancient world?




2 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

"how did they muddle along in the dark for almost 4 centuries spreading the faith like wildfire throughout the ancient world?"

Inquiring minds want to know.

August 19, 2011 11:44 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

@kkol: I think it has something to do with the Church???

August 19, 2011 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis