Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, August 03, 2012

Former Bible Church Missionary David Currie

David Currie was a former bible church missionary. He came into the Church in 1993 and wrote a book that was his attempt to explain his new-found Catholic faith to his dad,  an evangelical pastor. This book "Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic" became a classic book that many of us converts and reverts have read to help us along the journey. The Eucharist was one of the main issues:  "There is a Church that takes John 6 at face value, and it was not the Baptist Church where I was serving Communion."



7 Comments:

Anonymous Christina said...

I was very positively influenced by David Currie's book too. I'm enjoying this video - thanks for posting!

August 04, 2012 8:20 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

You are very welcome!

August 04, 2012 9:00 PM  
Blogger Anthony S. Layne said...

Reading Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic was a key point in my own reversion, especially in his approach to the Immaculate Conception and perpetual virginity of the Blessed Mother. Thanks for the video!

August 05, 2012 7:45 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks for stopping by, Anthony!
Yes it is a great testimony integrated with excellent apologetics!

August 05, 2012 7:48 PM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

A book that was very useful to my wife & me around 1999 when we first taught RCIA.

August 08, 2012 12:10 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

kkol: the book was instrumental for my wife in her return and certainly helped me once I made the decision to revert. Thank God for converts who were willing to get their stories out there for the rest of us.

August 08, 2012 5:36 PM  
Anonymous Elaine J said...

My friend grew up in a Baptist and Catholic home but when she reached adulthood she just never considered Catholicism a real option. Later she was unhappy with her church experiences and was searching which started the conversation about "Why not Catholicism?" "Well, what about Confession? Where is THAT in the Bible?" and I said, "I have this GREAT book for you..." Needless to say it was David Currie's book. She was convicted by it to start looking deeper and she's been back in the Church for the last 6 years!

August 31, 2012 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis