Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Little Sisters of the Poor "Are Under My Thumb "

Sometimes the best way for me to express myself is through music. I have been so outraged by the President's attack on the Little Sisters of the Poor, I thought of the Stones classic song of domination and manipulative control over a woman in "Under My Thumb." The spirit of this song capsulizes very nicely what the President is trying to do to these godly nuns who only desire to serve God by serving the poor. I changed the words a bit to better describe the current situation. Special guest drummer on the recording was my son! He channeled Charlie Watts very nicely.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shirelands Goldadors said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog - will link to yours!

January 18, 2014 1:06 AM  
Anonymous RenĂ©e said...

I'm praying that this image of the administration trying to force its policy down the throats of women who have given up their lives to love and serve God will change the minds of those who voted to make this possible.

January 18, 2014 11:28 AM  
Blogger George @ Convert Journal said...

An excellent connection, if a sad one, Russ. Thanks.

January 18, 2014 3:14 PM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

That was fun!

January 20, 2014 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis