Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Full Circle

My wife and I had the opportunity to give a witness talk and concert tonight at the Catholic Church I was baptized in. I also attended first grade in their Catholic school in 1964.  Just like Phil Keaggy has said: " Full Circle I have come!"
I am so thankful for the grace poured out on me in baptism in 1959 that has left its indelible mark on my soul, keeping me headed towards Him despite some long and painful detours due to my own stubbornness and hard-heart.
  

4 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy said...

The Lord works in mysterious ways indeed.

June 21, 2014 10:11 PM  
Blogger De Maria said...

Thanks be to God! Like you, I have also come back to the faith of my Baptism. I was baptized and confirmed at 6 months of age. Left the Church and fell to atheism around 13. Returned to the Church when I was around 25. That was 32 years ago.

I also thank God for the grace of my baptism and confirmation finally bringing me back to the fullness of the Truth.

July 13, 2014 8:04 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

De Maria: that makes us about the same age. thank GOd for his mercy and kindness in bringing us back.

July 13, 2014 8:24 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

De Maria: that makes us about the same age. thank GOd for his mercy and kindness in bringing us back.

July 13, 2014 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis