Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

RIP Mother Angelica


This past Easter evening,  Mother Angelica, foundress of EWTN, went home to the house of her Father.
There is a fair chance I wouldn't be Catholic if it wasn't for this cloistered nun who started the largest religious broadcast in the history of cable.  In 2002, my wife started watching EWTN when she began her journey to Catholicism. I was extremely unhappy about her interest in Catholicism, but I couldn't help but listen in from the other room as I heard stories of Protestants convert to Catholicism on The Journey Home. In no time at all , I was drawn to watching Journey Home every Monday and some of the other programming along the way.
   Little did I know that just five years later, my wife and I would be sitting in the studio of EWTN telling our story of conversion to the Catholic faith live to over 80 million viewers on Marcus Grodi's program. 
Mother Angelica had her stroke several years before this and she was no longer there on site  on the network grounds, but her mark was everywhere!
  So thank you Lord Jesus for leading this little nun to start a program that would turn so many hearts to Jesus and his Church, including this hard hearted anti- Catholic!
  Thank you Mother Angelica for your obedience and a faith that could move mountains and build a Catholic TV station that would reach the entire world with the gospel and the fullness of truth.
 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy said...

I liked Mother Angelica from when I was a Pentecostal teenager seeing her on PTL Club in the 70s. Even though I wouldn't come into the Church for another 25 years or so, I will always be grateful to Mother for EWTN, and her witness.

March 30, 2016 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis