Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, April 10, 2017

The Bible Answer Man Crosses the Bosporous

Hank Hannegraff , the "Bible Answer Man"  discovered that the Bible alone was not enough and has become an Orthodox Christian. Here's the details:  http://www.religiousresearcher.org/2017/04/10/evangelical-apologist-hank-hanegraaff-converts-to-eastern-orthodoxy/
Hey, it's not Rome but it's getting closer!
His wife had been reading the Church Fathers.  To be deep in history is to realize that Protestantism is a fundamentally flawed and truncated form of  true Christianity. Once an individual discovers the well-kept secret that the early Christians were Eucharist-centered, members of a Church called "the Catholic Church, they cease to continue protesting.

I am hoping that the Orthodox and the Catholic Church one day soon re-unite. The last two popes as well as Pope Francis have been attempting more and more dialogue with the Orthodox with each pontificate.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My story is similar young military bride away from home we met fundamentalist Baptist friends got saved left the RCC. It is now 40 plus years later and I feel pull to return but husband is not anywhere near that place. I enjoy reading archives. Keep posting thanks for prayers.

June 01, 2017 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

+JMJ+

Russ;

Stumbled upon you on Youtube via "Horses Sing None Of It" out of New Jersey, circa 2004 (was checking out Dave Potts on the same show, circa 2005, and you were on the "Up Next" roll call!) Anyway... whilst I never went "other-denominational" I did stray away from the Faith. Found my way back in the early 90's, and found the Latin Mass in 2007. Have you been to the Latin Mass? I ask, because I am a guitar player - not a pro, nor as good as you! - but I found the contemplative nature of the Latin Mass the final chapter of my journey Home. It has changed my wife and our four children. Simply "curious", but also encouraging you to check it out.

This post comes from my following your journey from "Horses Sing None Of It" with Ralph Litwin, to Marcus Grodi's interview, to your blog here. Two hours ago, I had no idea who you were! Regardless, all the best to you. I enjoyed the music on the broadcast w/Ralph Litwin, and the Journey Home off EWTN. By the way - I'm a New Yorker now living in, of all places, Alberta, Canada! God's ways are not our ways! ;)

Pax Christi. AMDG

James

June 18, 2017 2:54 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks James!
Yes I have appreciated the reverence, music etc of the Latin mass, but have chosen to avoid it because of some , not all of the people who attend. In the USA , there's a common stream of anti Semitism, extreme right wing politics , and those who attend often are critical of all the popes since pope pius the 10. Search my blog for a post called: "is traditional Catholicism kosher". Btw, if you like folk, I have an all Catholic album called Way to Emmaus you might like. It's on iTunes

June 18, 2017 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis