Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Pope Says "No Hell." I Say Hell No!

On the eve of the Triduum, an atheist journalist of Pope Francis writes that the pope says that souls don't go to hell when they die, they just disappear. The Church has taught for two thousand years that there is indeed a hell and a heaven and a process of purification(purgation) on the way to heaven. So the options for me are one of the two following thoughts:
1) Trust that the journalist accurately recorded the thoughts of the pope and that Pope Francis is contradicting a 2000 year old teaching or
2) The pope did not say "there is no hell" and the journalist didn't accurately convey the pope's actual words.

Given the track record of the press' reporting on Pope Francis, it's a reasonable assumption that the second option is most likely.

Read This for a more accurate reporting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis