Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Prayer of St. Thomas More


Here's a great prayer from St. Thomas More, one of the first British martyrs:

Give me, good Lord, a full faith and a fervent charity, a love of you, good Lord, incomparable above the love of myself; and that I love nothing to your displeasure but everything in an order to you.

Take from me, good Lord, this lukewarm fashion, or rather cold manner of meditation and this dullness in praying to you. And give me warmth, delight and life in thinking about you.

And give me your grace to long for your holy sacraments and specially to rejoice in the presence of your blessed body, sweet Saviour Christ, in the holy sacrament of the altar, and duly to thank you for your gracious coming. AMEN.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

I just noticed your comment over on one of my blogs. Thanks for the kind words. I was just horrified by some of the things people said to and about Dr. Beckwith. God bless you in all you do!

July 03, 2007 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis