Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Another Evening at TJ and PD's Place



Just another evening at the Tiber Jumper and Prodigal Daughter's. Prod is in the background doing her Christian chat room evangelism on the lap top. I'm in front of my computer playing a little tune.

Also a reminder, today was the feast day of St. Monica, Augustine's mum. She prayed an awfully long time for his conversion from paganism and therefore has become a role model for us with loved ones that need to come to the Cross. I used to view her just as a role model of perseverance in prayer but now I also view her as my "power" prayer partner and ask her intercession for loved ones too. (About three quarters of the way through the video,the now infamous Maggie of "Maggie's Blues" saunters into the right bottom corner of the screen.)

"Nine years were to follow in which I lay tossing in the mud of that deep pit and the darkness of its falsity, though I often tried to rise and only fell the more heavily. All that time this chaste, god-fearing and sober widow - for such You love - was all the more cheered up with hope. Yet she did not relax her weeping and mourning. She did not cease to pray at every hour and bewail me to You and her prayers found entry into Your sight. But for all that, You allowed me still to toss helplessly in that darkness …(Confessions of St. Augustine)

14 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

As I said, your best guitar piece ever. Nothing speaks forgiveness like Footsteps. :)

August 28, 2007 12:40 AM  
Blogger MMajor Fan said...

How beautiful! Truly lovely.

August 28, 2007 4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, how's the new project coming along? Did you ever rewrite the Monk Song?

--Theo

August 28, 2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

had a computer issue as you know and lost the first version entirely. I just installed more memory and hopefully will avoid the Blue Screen of Death Scenario.
I did rework the monk song and it will end up honoring those who choose the religious life.
No date for recording as yet.

August 28, 2007 4:06 PM  
Blogger Cow Bike Rider said...

Great stuff. (I need to take a peek at your music site.)

August 28, 2007 4:14 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

PA:
Thankyou.

August 28, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

test

August 28, 2007 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered what you look like! If you have a son in college, you have held up very well! You look young. Great music. Very, very nice. I never know what I am going to find on this blog. Thanks for sharing that.

August 28, 2007 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful music!
You look so young--A son in college? Did you have him when you were twelve? Hopefully he has your young genes and talent.

August 28, 2007 10:58 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Julie and Tara:
thanks for the kind comments but I am thankful for the poor quality video that makes people look younger :)

August 29, 2007 4:04 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

I agree with Tara. You still have a youthful look. You and I were both skinny. Now we weigh quite a bit more, I suspect, but it looks good on you. Height has its advantages.

August 30, 2007 4:33 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

PA Are you saying I'm fat? :)

August 30, 2007 6:19 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Doh! No, I'm saying that I am. I need to lose about 30-40 pounds now. In college you're the one who called himself a beached whale!

August 30, 2007 7:16 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Was I saying beached whale even back then? What a memory you have!

August 30, 2007 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis