Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

When One Converts on TiberVision


Our topic was when one partner in the marriage is interested in Catholicism and the other isn't.
We tell the story of how we personally came to grips with this and it ended up making our marriage better, by the grace of God!
Thanks for all our guests coming to the show tonite. Sorry for all the technical glitches.
God bless, we'll try it again sometimes.

10 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Good job guys. Hope you can do it again soon. It's very interesting to hear about the progression of your thinking during the whole conversion process.

August 30, 2007 1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. Despite the technical hiccups it worked out pretty well, I think. It's pretty amazing what technology will allow you to do these days. I've got to "meet" all sorts of great Catholics like you and PD that I would never have if I hadn't had the internet.

I too hope you'll do it again sometime. That was fun!

August 30, 2007 7:21 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks for watching. I hope it can be a blessing.
The technical glitches were pretty bad! You guys are kind!

August 30, 2007 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read the title of this post, "When One Convets on tiberVision," I excitedly clicked away, thinking that you had a live stream video of someone converting! :-)

Seriously though, good job. The glitches will fade as your experience and the general level of TiberTechnology increases.

Hummm... "Tiber Tech." Sounds like a school for geeky priests.

--Theo

August 30, 2007 8:47 AM  
Blogger WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

God bless with this project.

August 30, 2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger Prodigal Daughter said...

Hi TJ,

I'm looking for the hummingbirds on the live Tieber-Cam but i haven't seen any yet. See you at Mass. xo

August 30, 2007 3:42 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Just wondering if that heavenly glow on your faces was intentional?

August 30, 2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Yeah, it just exudes from us! Not. :)
Actually, I tilted the lamp shade up when one of the us-treamers suggested some more light on the situation.

August 31, 2007 8:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

d'oh, I missed it!

And this is an important topic for me. Two years and all my wife has done is read one chapter of Rome Sweet Home and called it stupid. =/

August 31, 2007 4:52 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Chad:
go here http://www.ustream.tv/recorded

and search tiberjumper as host and the vid is there in three technically lousy parts but the rough idea is there.
Our prayers will be with you.
6 years ago my wife showed me a Scott Hahn video and I said this is stupid and boring!!! So don't give up hope!

August 31, 2007 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis