Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Whisper in the Ear of God


Shortly after my reversion to the Church 3 years ago, I went to a retreat hosted by the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal out of Brooklyn. As we adored the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, there was confessions going on in the back of the chapel. A young friar from Ireland spoke about the sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession). He said it was sometimes hard to go to confession, like having to walk up a steep ramp and most people don't easily waltz into the confessional. Yet, he said, it is an opportunity to "speak into the ear of God." That phrase has been brewing in me for over three years now and finally made its way into this demo version of a new song.
The words of this song, you will recognize are based on the Act of Contrition that we pray as we receive absolution from the priest. "Whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven..." Jn 20:23.
I hope the new converts and reverts can develop a love and desire for this sacrament as this song expresses. God bless.
















4 Comments:

Blogger Cow Bike Rider said...

I'm glad you shared that. I'll be reflecting on those lyrics when I talk to God on Monday.

God Bless

December 29, 2007 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful song, TJ.

It's frustrating when I fall short of being the person I want to be, the person I think God wants me to be. I am so grateful for this sacrament.

December 30, 2007 5:54 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

I agree with Nancy. I can fall so quickly, even sometimes so soon after Mass. That's when I get bummed but I can't stay 'bummed' for I realize now how thankful I am for this sacrament. Love the song, TJ. Soothing to the soul.

December 31, 2007 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find confession to be the most difficult and yet at the same time the most (psychologicly speaking) most helpful of the sacraments.

It helps to put in perspective that we are only human, that no matter how much money we have or how successful we are, we all sin and we are all accountable to the all mighty.

December 31, 2007 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis