Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Donut Man on EWTN 2/4/2008


Monday Night at 8 PM EST, Rob Evans, AKA the Donut Man will be appearing again on The Journey Home. He came home to the Catholic Church in April last year. In most evangelical homes with small children in the 90's, his tapes and video were a staple. His shows had been aired on EWTN and now he ministers regularly in the Catholic Church. Do invite your non-Catholic friends to tune in.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

We just love Rob! I was tickled that my email was read on the show, tonight, too! : )

I LOVED Rob's answer and Marcus's further insightful addendum! It was just what I wrote to my friend that I've still not sent yet, but what a confirmation of where my thought processes and heart took me! I'm still waiting for Fr.Felix to add his thoughts about my email, but I must say, what Marcus and Rob said tonight made me grin, and thank God for his grace and opening my eyes to the TRUTH! ~ PAX, "susie from Nebraska"

February 04, 2008 11:40 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

We wondered if that was You!!!
Great e mail!
You really stirred some good discussion.

February 05, 2008 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was you! That e-mail did stir some good discussion -- the "truth is relative" one, right? You know, I have never seen a bad Journey Home program. They are always so great! I very much enjoy Rob Evans on there. It was nice to see him again. I hope the Evangelicals just keep coming our way! They are so insightful and full of love for Christ. I was intrigued when Marcus mentioned so many Pentecostal, etc., clergy, missionaries, not the "usual suspects" coming our way. And Marcus believes EWTN is playing a big part. Truly, you can't watch Journey Home and think -- those pagans, idolators, etc. The grace of God is at work here. Marcus is fantastic. I really admire him a lot.

February 05, 2008 8:29 AM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Julie you are so very right about the Evangelicals coming Home! I wonder if any of my friends from now various fellowships were watching? I rather doubt it, but isn't Rob's enthusiasm just absolutely contagious? He's one brilliant, resplendent light of Christ, shining the way for those separated brethren of ours to find their way to the Tiber and take the biggest, best plunge of their lives! Marcus looks so professorial now, with the beard. Keeping up with Scott is he? Kind of Hemingway-like, just so we don't start seeing Big Cat heads mounted on the stage instead of our usual "Catholic idols" LOL : )

February 05, 2008 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis