Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Getting Ready to See Papa!


Prodigal and I are getting pretty excited. Tomorrow's the big day. We will take a bus to NYC, then a subway up to Yankee Stadium to join more than 50,000 faithful to participate in Holy Mass celebrated by Pope Benedict. The archdiocese has an instructional video on how to receive Communion at the stadium. The entire process of distributing the Eucharist has been estimated to take only 14 minutes!

I still can't believe that just 5 years ago, the pope and Catholicism wasn't even on my radar, and now I am getting the opportunity to see the Holy Father. Within a short time after my conversion I was strangely moved watching and listening to John Paul II and wept the day he died. In no time at all I have found a similar affection for the newly elected Pope Benedict. I was inspired to write Room of Tears after watching the election of Benedict the 16th. I can only surmise that it is a supernatural grace that has caused this fondness in our hearts towards the vicar of Christ.

Thank you God for giving us such great men of God to lead the Church and for giving all of us the chance to be a part of it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip, TJ and PD, and be prepared to get blessed.

Peter is here - it doesn't get much better, does it?

April 19, 2008 6:28 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks so much Nancy!
Nope doesn't get much better!

April 19, 2008 7:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

section: bx 458
row/seat: F/7

Come meet me!

April 20, 2008 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis