Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Coffeehouse in Lancaster, PA


Last night, I played a coffeehouse in Lancaster, PA. They were a nice bunch of people and they raised over 100 dollars for their local food bank through the ticket sales from the show. I have enclosed a few video clips below. The highlight of the evening for me was when Dr. David Hall, (Tiber Swim Team 2007) and guest on the Journey Home came in with his wife Libby. He left 27 years of pastoring in the Brethren in Christ Church when they converted to Catholicism recently. Despite having met only in virtual space, we had a short but sweet time of fellowship after the show. He's a pretty good picker himself too!
Please continue to pray for those pastors and leaders who have left everything to follow the call to become Catholic and those who are considering it.







6 Comments:

Blogger Kapten Clark said...

Thank you for your call to prayer. WE NEED IT!

May 10, 2008 3:57 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Lord Jesus, we pray for Kapten Clark and family as they count the costs involved in leaving their full time missionary position to cross the Tiber. Give them grace and strength, In the name of the Father , the Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

You will be in our prayers!

May 10, 2008 7:49 AM  
Blogger JP said...

They will most surely be in my prayers. Russ, the music is fantastic.

May 10, 2008 9:48 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Loved the music, TJ. Excellent!

May 10, 2008 4:47 PM  
Blogger Kapten Clark said...

If anyone's up for some occasional questions and support, I'd love it: evelynclark@juno.com

Thanks!

May 13, 2008 4:29 AM  
Blogger owenswain said...

As one of those in the group you mention I add my Amen to the need for prayers for us folk.

And, I'd be happy to field the occasional question kapten clark. Russ has my email or you can visit my site.

May 14, 2008 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis