Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

An Added Apostolic Blessing


At the end of the Mass at Yankee Stadium, we were told that we could take out any sacramental objects we had brought and the pope would bless them. I had brought a pair of rosary beads that were given to me from a friend upon my return to the Church. They were purchased in Rome but had never been blessed. So I held up the rosary and my wedding ring and they were blessed by Peter's successor. How cool is that?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very, very much for sharing all of this. Julie

April 22, 2008 8:48 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

it is such a joy!

April 22, 2008 5:52 PM  
Blogger sissie said...

that was great, looked like a very large gathering but amazing to see!

April 23, 2008 9:43 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Yes! I bought a miraculous medal the day before just for that very reason. It was a beautiful day and Mass.

April 26, 2008 7:53 AM  
Blogger Adoro said...

I'm so jealous that you were there, but so grateful. A woman at the parish were I work suddenly got the opp to go, and what a holy woman..made even holier, I think!

But it doesn't matter...even if we couldn't see the Pope, we were all united. I can testify to the fact that the Holy Spirit rushed across America when he landed, and I think the tongues of fire are only sparks right now...about to grow into an amazing flame of renewal.

I know I was inspired in many ways!

April 26, 2008 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis