Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Feast of the Birthday of Mary


Today the Church celebrates the birthday of Mary. Since the 5th century, the Church has celebrated and used this feast to show us the importance of Mary's "Yes to God." So how does that help us? As our priest said this morning, Mary's obedience sets the example for all Christians to say "Yes" to God's will for our lives. (Not to mention, if Mary wasn't born, where would we be now?)
To those detractors who believe we worship Mary, I assure you in Mass this morning, there was no such thing. Heck, we didn't even pray the Hail Mary! (Which is a prayer asking Mary to intercede for us, the first half of the prayer being directly from scripture)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

I love our Lady, our Mother, our Confidence! HAIL MARY! :) Now I best get ready and go to Mass.

The Ark of the New Covenant is she, Our Mother full of grace and humility! She teaches us all how to be humbly poor, docile to the Spirit and even more obedient to that still, small Voice. "Do what He tells you" Mary's telling us now today. Do what He tells you, listen, obey and pray, pray, pray!

September 08, 2008 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis