Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe


In the 1500's in Mexico, Mary appeared to a peasant named Juan Diego. This apparition lead to the conversion of over 9 million to Christianity ending the Aztec practice of ritual sacrifice of infants. Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patron saint of the Americas and we need her intercession for this culture of death more than ever. This present culture that continues to offer up our children for ritual sacrifice to the gods of abortion.



NB. Our Lady of Guadalupe is Mary. When Mary has appeared in an apparition, she is often given the name "Our Lady of ........" I got confused when I first came into the Church thinking "Who are all these Ladies?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Happy Feast Day

December 12, 2008 3:17 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks Jackie!

December 12, 2008 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis