Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Bail-Out" Plan for Haiti


In January, Prodigal Daughter and I will be heading down to Port-Au-Prince to hold a medical clinic for the parish of Sts. Simon and Jude. Though I have been to PAP many times over the past 12 years for medical missions, this will be the first time we are doing a medical clinic in the Catholic Church in Haiti. We are excited and thankful to God for the way He opened the doors for this opportunity in the archdiocese of Port-Au-Prince. Fr. Laborio, the pastor, had been praying for a way to provide medical care to his parish and this may be the beginning of the answer to that prayer, Lord willing.

Next Saturday at 7:30 PM (EST), I will be performing a benefit concert to get funds for the medicine and supplies we will need. This is where you come in! Come to St. Ann's Catholic Church
on South 6th Street in Emmaus, PA to hear some good folk music on a plethora of stringed instruments. I will also be doing some traditional yuletide music on hammer dulcimer and autoharp as well as selections from my upcoming CD (Yeah, I know, it's been upcoming for over a year now)
If you donate to the Haiti Medical Mission that night you will receive a free CD!

Now for my daily readers in Helsinki, Jakarta, Hong Kong and Omaha, I know you won't be able to come to the concert. But if you contact me here I will tell you how to donate and receive a free
Russ Rentler Just Yulin' Around CD in time for Christmas. But hurry now, this offer won't last :)

The economy in the US is bad, but only you can provide the "bailout" to our brothers and sisters in Haiti where its immeasurably worse. Whatsoever you do for the least of these.....
Thanks and God bless.

4 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

T.J. that artwork is progressing well though I don't have the energy I usually do and tire easily. Should be done early next week.

While I cannot make that concert any more than in Helsinki, Jakarta, Hong Kong and Omaha from my place in Canada I would like to contribute. I don't recall what you were offering to give for this artwork but what I would like you to do is take 10% off that amount and keep it back to contribute. Thanks for doing that.

November 30, 2008 3:09 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

I'd be there in a heartbeat if possible...working on that "bilocation" thing...not perfected yet, though. We will gladly support your mission to Haiti. It will do our hearts good to contribute to this most worthy cause, for our brothers and sisters suffering so much in that poor country. Bless you and PD, and God willing, one day we'll make it to a concert. OR God willing, you'll make it to Omaha and have a concert at the Holy Family Shrine!

December 02, 2008 7:12 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Susie, keep working on the bilocation, I know it will come!

thanks so much for your support.

Now, that trip to Nebraska, hmmm
let me pray about that. Could be cool, if I could set up a little mini tour along the way at a few Churches. Unfortunately my notoriety in the Catholic music world goes to about as far as my home parish :)

December 02, 2008 8:26 AM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

I sure hope you'll really consider that "mini-tour" There's many parishes that would love to have you come. Check out a route, find some churches, write their RCIA directors or deacons, see what you can line up. It might just be the start of a whole new addition to your already full life. I think it sounds like a plan that could be a great gift of evangelization. You could send your video to the deacons/DRE's or whomever, along I-80 and see what response you might get. You and PD could possibly stay at some of the rectories with the priest(s)blessing them and blessing you by cutting some of the travel expenses. I'm certainly all 'for it.' Maybe line it up for next Fall, or even Spring of 2010,to give it time to incubate and develop. A new "mission" might just be born!

December 03, 2008 6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis